Labels

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Contributors

Navigation

Aliyah's former boyfriend Damon Dash believes he could have prevented her death!


On Tuesday's episode of The Real, music mogul Damon Dash opens up about the untimely death of his former girlfriend, Aaliyah.

In 2001, the singer died when her plane crashed in The Bahamas. According to an investigation, the twin-engine Cessna 402B was 700 pounds over its weight limit. Additionally, the pilot was not authorized to fly.

In the episode, host Jeannie Mai asks theRoc-A-Fella Records co-founder if there was a chance he could be on that flight.

The 44-year-old said :

"Well, there is no chance that if I was there, we would have been on that plane. You know what I'm saying? So, it would have never happened that way."

At the time, he was in New York to be with his son, and to take care of legal matters.

The entrepreneur says he strongly advised the Rock The Boat artist from going to The Bahamas, and would've made sure she flew on a safer plane.

"She told me she was going to the Bahamas and I was against it like, "Yo, don't go." And then down to the last, we had the Blackberry, down to the last Blackberry that we had, before she went there, she was like, "Yo, I don't like that plane." And I was like, "Don't get on it." And she was just like, "You know, I gotta do it." You know, it was a complicated situation, but she had to go do that video. So you know if I was there, I would have made sure that that jet that was supposed to be for her, the g4, she would have been on that. I wouldn't have got on that plane, you know what I'm saying? So it probably would have been different. But you know um, everything happens for a reason."'

Share

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

All thoughts and opinions expressed by Sandra Duru's Blog readers are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinion of Sandra Duru.