Labels

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Contributors

Navigation

Kanu Nwankwo's wife, Amara opens up about what it was like getting married as a teenager


When is the right time to get married?

Many argue that a certain level of maturity is necessary to keep a healthy home and that maturity is not expected to be found in a teenager.


As much as there may be some truth in that assertion, a lot of women have gotten married at very young ages and have built really strong marriages and families.

One of the more popular is Omotola Jalade, who got married at age 18. Read what she had to say about her 20-year marriage here.

Another is Amara Nwankwo wife of famous ex-footballer Kanu Nwankwo.

In a recent interview with Punch, Amara opens up on what it was like getting married at the age of 18.

FOR HER, GETTING MARRIED IS A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE

“I don’t think I would want to do it differently. I think getting married early is my competitive advantage. I learnt real life and management skills in marriage. Even though I’m currently studying for an MBA, it can’t beat the real life experiences. I won’t change anything because it all worked for me.”



THAT MARRIAGE THROWS YOU  A LOT OF CURVES – NO MATTER YOUR AGE

“Marriage is a growth process and I learn on a daily basis. I got married as a teenager. I was young. I think I jumped into the deep end and I simply went with it. It takes a lot of determination to keep things going because irrespective of your age, marriage throws a lot of curves at you.The main thing is being able to bounce back after being hit with a surprise or what you do not expect.”



SHE WAS OBLIVIOUS OF WHAT SHE WAS GETTING INTO

“When I was getting married, I was not ready to be thrust into the limelight. I didn’t even know what I was getting into. I wasn’t a football fan and I knew nothing about  the Premiership. I didn’t know I was getting married into that level of limelight as I was young, vibrant and in love. I am now a football fan.”




We would love to hear your opinion on this post in the comment section BELOW. And do share this post on your favourite social networking sites.
Share

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

All thoughts and opinions expressed by Sandra Duru's Blog readers are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinion of Sandra Duru.