Labels

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Contributors

Navigation

Shocking exchange between future roommates goes viral: 'Don't Try Me!'

 Every college freshman living on-campus goes into the experience with some amount of trepidation. Will they get the dreaded "roommate from hell?" Will they get a perfectly fine human to spend the next year with? Who will bring the microwave?




For incoming UCLA freshman Winnie Chen, 17, that answer was obvious from the get-go. She was going to have the roommate from hell.


Chen, one of three roommates in the dorm, took to Twitter and Instagram to vent her frustrations after an exchange with one of her two prospective roommates, a girl known only as Ashly. After failing to respond to an email sent on Tuesday by Thursday, Winnie and the third girl received the following email, which reads, in its entirety:


"Okay, so I'm not sure why neither of you responded back to my emails, but I don't really care, just as long as you both know this and understand that I'm not gonna settle for anything less than what I'm gonna tell you that I'm gonna get once I arrive in the dorm." 




"I'll take the top bunk of the bunk bed that has a bottom and top bunk. I DO NOT want the single bunk where it has a desk underneath the top bunk so don't try to leave me with that." 


"I'm also taking one of the white closets. There should be two white closets and I'm taking one of them. I don't care for which one it is, just know I'm taking one of them." 


"I want the desk that's near the window. Plain and simple. I don't care about who gets the bottom bunk but just know what I stated above is what I'm expecting once I arrive at the dorm and I won't be in the mood for any arguing or other nonsense because one of you two decided to deliberately disregard this email. If needed be I'll turn it into a bigger situation so don't try me." 


"Sorry but not that sorry for the attitude. I don't like being ignored because that's just rude but that's what you both decided to do so I decided to make it clear now on the kind of person I am and what I will and will not take." 


"So as a final reminder: I am getting the top bunk of the bunk bed with the bed on the bottom. I am getting one of the white closest, and I'm getting the desk near the window. that's fair enough to ask for considering that I'm giving up fighting for the bottom bunk." 



Chen also shared the response Ashly received from their third roommate, Guistinna Tun, 18, who explained that neither of them had been "ignoring" Ashly, and pointed out some of the issues with her email, before concluding: 

"I'd understand if you would want to change your roommates after reading this email, because honestly, that is how me and Winnie felt after reading yours. But if you're willing to work this out and start over, then so are we. I'm all about being open minded and getting to know people. Just let me and Winnie know." 

Ashly's response to that in turn, was more than slightly alarming – she proceeds to take issue with Tun's attitude… 

"While I stepped out of line with my attitude, you throwing it right back along with other snarky unnecessary comments is just fighting fire with fire. I'm mature enough to put out the fire myself once I see it spreading, but other people aren't so I don't think that was necessarily the right way to handle the situation." 

… before describing herself, in order as "not that much of a people person," "really chill, "like a ticking time bomb" and an "over analyzer" with "anger issues." She adds "I have a low tolerance for a lot of things and my patience level isn't high at all." 

For poor Winnie, Ashly's response was enough to make her request another roommate, though she's said she hasn't heard back from the university, meaning she's stuck. Our condolences. Lol...





We would love to hear your opinion on this post in the comment section BELOW. And do share this post on your favourite social networking sites.


Share

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

All thoughts and opinions expressed by Sandra Duru's Blog readers are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinion of Sandra Duru.