Labels

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Contributors

Navigation

''If I don't find the right man, I won't, it's not by force'' - Bimbo Akintola Talks about marriage and dealing with public scrutiny


In a recent interview with Newswatch Times , Bimbo Akintola opens up about a lot of things- from the recent stage play she is involved in to getting married and dealing with being a public figure.

ON DEALING WITH THE NEGATIVITY OF THE PRESS

The press has said a lot of negative things about me, but I don’t care, and I don’t read them either. A lot of things that have been written about me are false. That seem to be one of the things journalist here do, they form stories, maybe, the same way some of my people create controversies. Some of the things that were written about me I was not even in the country and I don’t really care because people who are close to me; my family, and friends know that I am an open book and I don’t hide anything and so they know. So, when you come up with anything and they say, ‘Bimbo! No, she can’t do that, I can tell you where she is now

ON THE PUBLIC’S PERCEPTION ABOUT CELEBRITIES’ MARITAL LIVES

How many women in the country are still single and in their 40s. The issue is that because we are in the public glare and we are easy to be recognized, anything that happens to one of us becomes a big deal, but when it’s happening to every other person in other fields, it’s not news. Nigeria is at the stage where parents should be crying for their children especially the girls who are doing the wrong thing for money.

Its either we’ve lost the basic home training or we are not giving out the right principle. I see this everywhere I go; in schools, female bankers getting involved in prostitution in the name of marketing, it’s all the same everywhere in our society and this where I think parents should get up and look at what their children are. So it’s not just restricted to actors alone.

ON WHEN SHE IS GETTING MARRIED

When I meet the right man, I can say ‘Oh… wao, I can do this. If I don’t, I won’t, it’s not by force. I haven’t met the person.

Share

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

All thoughts and opinions expressed by Sandra Duru's Blog readers are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinion of Sandra Duru.