Labels

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Contributors

Navigation

"I had to let the world know, I wasn't always strong, I was drowning" - Toke Makinwa


Media personality, Toke Makinwa is the latest guest on “Rubbin’ Minds” with Ebuka Obi-Uchendu.

In this interview, Toke speaks more on how she actually felt when her marriage failed as against people saying she was strong. She also talked about why she bared it all.


On her honesty on what she wrote in her book

I wasn’t worried about being honest. I thought that was the only way. If you watched the video, it said, ‘to become, I must shed it all.’ The director bared it down, the taking off of my wig, my eye lashes because that’s what it was.

I felt like people had different ideas of who they thought Toke Makinwa is and going through what I went through last year, I heard so many things. I would be in places and people would talk about me and I would say, ‘woah, this is my life.’ So I thought that if I had to do this, it had to come from the honest place.

On how she felt when her marriage failed

The book ‘on becoming’ takes you on a journey unscripted. Lets you in to my world and let you know that you know. I’ll meet people that will say to me, ‘how are you? You look so strong. Oh my god, you are at work, you are so strong’ and I had to let the world know, I wasn’t always strong, I was drowning.








We would love to hear your opinion on this post in the comment section BELOW. And do share this post on your favourite social networking sites.
Share

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

All thoughts and opinions expressed by Sandra Duru's Blog readers are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinion of Sandra Duru.