Labels

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Contributors

Navigation

Folorunsho Alakija speaks on how not Having a University degree didn't hold her back from achieving her dreams


While speaking at the Excellence in Leadership program, an annual event organised by Daystar Christian Centre, Folorunsho Alakija spoke on why she never allowed a lack of university education to kill her dreams and ambition.


“If I had the opportunity of going to the university, maybe I would have come out with a second class upper or lower but that didn’t happen; that wasn’t to be my destiny, I would have loved to go to the university as we all know that university education is good but some of us who have not gone, it is not the end of the world” she said.

According to TheCable, Mrs Alakija said she got to her present position through determination while she paid the price that came with all the challenges she conquered.

She also noted that her success was not overnight and that people who do not know her story, have said so many untrue things about her.  “A lot of things have been said about me, some say I sold my way to the top; I remember that the headline of one of the national dailies in the country once said ‘Hairdresser given an oil block’. So I even became a hairdresser, one of the many names I was given.” she said.







We would love to hear your opinion on this post in the comment section BELOW. And do share this post on your favourite social networking sites.






We would love to hear your opinion on this post in the comment section BELOW. And do share this post on your favourite social networking sites.
Share

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

All thoughts and opinions expressed by Sandra Duru's Blog readers are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinion of Sandra Duru.