Labels

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Contributors

Navigation

Wait, really? Tiwa Savage's high school crush has a 'part' in her musical journey


Tiwa Savage remains one of Nigeria’s most-celebrated female singer within and outside Nigeria. She was recently signed to the Roc’s Nation, an American entertainment company founded by an American rapper, Jay Z.


In a feature titled, ‘Meet Tiwa Savage, One Of Afrobeats’ Leading Ladies’ with VIBE, an international news magazine, Tiwa talks about how she journeyed into music at a very young age after her family relocated from Nigeria to London.

She also revealed how a high school crush made her pick up trombone!

“I played trombone. Don’t ask me if I still play [laughs], but I literally picked it up because I had a crush on a boy in high school. He used to hang around with the cool kids, the musicians and dancers.”

“Here I was: this kid fresh from Nigeria, strong accent, my mom shaved my hair off. I tried to get his attention. I went to this music teacher and said that I really wanted to do music. He looked to the corner of the room and said the trombone was the only instrument left. I picked it up, but eventually got bullied for it because it was always getting in the way on the bus. That was having the opposite effect of what I wanted because this guy’s now laughing at me instead of falling in love with me. So, I gave up and joined the choir.”






We would love to hear your opinion on this post in the comment section BELOW. And do share this post on your favourite social networking sites.
Share

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

All thoughts and opinions expressed by Sandra Duru's Blog readers are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinion of Sandra Duru.