Labels

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Contributors

Navigation

Aww, Here's the one thing Linda Ikeji so pray for as she clocks 36


Popular Nigerian blogger, Linda Ikeji says she is ready for marriage and can’t wait to be a wife and a mom as she clocks 36 today.


In a video she posted on Youtube, Linda said her prayer to God was to find an amazing guy soon, settle down and have a bunch of kids.

In a 14-minutes video posted to commemorate her birthday, Linda appreciated and encouraged her fans who had been reading her blog since she started in 2006 till date.

The video titled, my birthday message to all you amazing people talked about how she cried non-stop on her 30th birthday because she had no husband and her business was not successful. But added that with faith in God and herself, she is presently living her dream life.

Now her one heart desire is to have a family of her own

Read excerpts from what she said in her video



One of the worst days of my life was the day I turned 30 in 2010. I just closed down my office. The one I had for like 3 years and I have been huzzling since 1998,which was like 12 and a half year later. I felt like I was startin g all over again.  I had done so many things. I had a magazine, a modelling agency, a events company, a small ad agency. I wrote a book, I filmed a TV show that never saw the light of the day. I started a modelling reality show, it never worked. But everytime an idea died, I started something else. I was so determined to make it in life, so much I was frustrated when a great idea to me died. But I never stopped believing in myself.

And I remember on my 30th birthday, I was on my bed and I didn’t want to come out of my room. I was just there crying, ‘here I was, 30 years old, no boyfriend, no husband, business was not successful’. I had an office in 2004 and by 2010 I had closed down the office because I couldn’t pay rent. A year before, I had been picked up by the anti-fraud unit cos I was owing a community bank 190k and I went to their office in Ikoyi  and I remember they were threatening to lock me up.

I also want to talk about my wish for my 36th birthday. My wish is to find an amazing guy, finally have regular sex, have a bunch of kids, be happy, continue to impact my world, continue to do what I’m doing and continue to impact my world and continue to make a difference. But the thing about that is, I was paying so much attention to my career, I was so determined to succed, I didn’t pay much attention to my personal life. I was paying so much attention to my work life and then everytime in the last five years that I was praying, I was really praying for my work. Until recently, I have started praying about finding someone incredible.

Now I know that this is now important. I’m 36 now, I definitely wanna get married, that’s my prayer for now. I think now more than ever, I’m ready. I cant wait to be a wife, I cant wait to be a mom. I love kids so much that I cant wait for that to happen for me. Just that I don’t go out much so I don’t really get to meet people, until like 2 weeks ago.

I have told all my friends to start introducing me to single guys so I can have some options.






We would love to hear your opinion on this post in the comment section BELOW. And do share this post on your favourite social networking sites.
Share

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

All thoughts and opinions expressed by Sandra Duru's Blog readers are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinion of Sandra Duru.